Friday, April 16, 2010

tales of the road


I was pondering what to do for my weekend last week and decided to go for a long ride. So wednesday i loaded up a few shirts and left out on my bike looking for a small adventure. About 70 miles into the trip i see a small park sign, so I decided to stop in and view the scenery. It was absolutely beautiful. The park was called Big Springs, and it was a very neat place. The springs the gave it its name were indeed big, huge would be a better word for it. Water was boiling out of the ground in a area about the size of my home. the views were incredible. After I was finished strolling around the park, I went on with my trip. Several hundred miles later I came to Joplin, Mo. My old home town for those who didn't know. I had a wonderful time there. This morning they were threatening rain, so I packed up everything and left out around 530 am. Before the sunrise, leaving me in the dark with nothing but my thoughts, and the steady rumble of my bike to keep me company. I pondered many things on this trip. Friendships gained, lost, and faded over time, and how those people have affected me and helped to make me the person I am today. I continued thinking on this as the sun lazily peeked over the horizon to lend me its warmth. As it climbed higher in the sky I gained a new road companion, a very cute girl in a late 60's model chevy nova. She ran alongside me and we exchanged smiles and glances for the better part of a hundred miles, unfortunately we parted ways when i had to pull off for fuel. As brief as it was it made the ride a little less lonely. Friendships found, even as brief or as simple as they may be, a friend will make a difference in your day. I made it home in one piece and unpacked my things, so now as I sit here brushing the tangles and knots out of my hair I ponder these things. I hope you all have a good day, and I will try to update a little more often. later days! This Pic is of the springs, it really doesn't so them justice.

1 comment: