Saturday, November 21, 2009

winter, deer season, and near death

Ahh, winter is upon us..and all the "joy" that comes with it. The hunting seasons, the weather, the holidays, I love most of it. Deer season is almost a national holiday around here, It's a wonderful excuse to get outside, which i love to do. Unfortunately for me the quality of people that choose to celebrate this wonderfull week with me is gradually declining, people just looking for an excuse to hold a gun. To say the least bullets whizzing over my head does not constitute a good time....It saddens me to see such poor behavior in outdoors men. Then Thanksgiving, A time of much cooking, more house work and family gathering with all the gossip and groaning that goes with that. I can't wait for that to be over. The best part of thanksgiving is the music, all of my family plays instruments, so when we gather its almost like a concert. Love it. and then christmas..... Where to begin, the over commercialization?, The constant fear of offending someone by saying CHRISTmas? they want you to say happy holidays so as not to offend non-christians, what a load of bull, non-christians dont give a rats behind as to what we think, why are we so worried about offending them? Then the guilt of getting presents when you can't afford to buy any for your friends. I am not sure I like Christmas. Not sure at all. Ok, that is my yearly rant on winter, besides all of that i friggin love the season, the cold air..the trees changing color, the snow..its a beautiful time of year with lots of family gathering and good food. too bad we need a holiday as an excuse to get together though....



remember....A good mechanic will let you watch without charging you for it...
later days people

No comments:

Post a Comment